Publius Forum

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Fog(s) Of A Coming War?

I do not understand what is going on inside of my head, but it appears (factually) that I've forgotten my responsibility to have a post ready again. It is not for the lack of trying. I have been paying very close attention to the situations in Georgia/USSR relations (ha) and the Chinese arresting journalists, protesters, and just about anyone they don't like...which is everyone.

This cease-fire agreement between Georgia and the Soviets, brokered by France's president and Condi Rice is a joke. All the Soviets have to do is move back to the two cities they first invaded inside Georgia? That's bunk.

If we do not confront the Soviets now on our terms, we will confront them later on their terms. This would include much blood and God only knows how many lives. If you do not stop an idealogue bully before they get started and they sense your unwillingness to do anything, we could end up in another world war.

I've heard people say, "The Military is stretched too thin." Oh? We have 300,000,000+ people living here, and we're stretched too thin? Let me just throw this out there. If worse comes to worse, I don't want to hear any whining from the usual suspects. I want them to line up for duty and get off the freakin' dole, or get out of America.

Yeah, I said it. What are you going to about it? This is my country, which I love, we're talking about. You don't appreciate freedom? You've never lost it. You don't appreciate liberty? You've never known its sweetness, nor appreciated it. That's right. When it comes down to saving our country against ALL enemies foreign AND domestic, it is also the duty of the sovereign individuals of our great country to pony up.

Why am I so pessimistic and dire about the situation with the USSR? (Before you ask, it is my freedom of speech to call them what they are.) Do you remember WWI and WWII? These could have been prevented. Hitler gave us many chances to stop his sorry butt. What did we do? We gave him the Olympics.

Speaking of China, why in the world did President Bush stay there when Georgia was invaded? Even more, why did he go in the first place? Does he not realize that China is also a threat to us? Does anyone remember the Cox Report? Never heard of it? It was considered Classified until May 1999, and here is the Final Report. Educate yourselves, just like I need to constantly.

Aside from the Chinese theft of our nuclear secrets, they also care not one wit towards their people. Why should we care about this? We have come to learn that if a country does not care a wit how they treat their own people, you can predetermine that they care even less how they will treat any prisoners of war. It's laughable the way people cackle at the treatment we use toward enemy combatants AS DEFINED IN THE GENEVA CONVENTION. We go too far and above what is called for as far as fairness goes. IMHO.

Another reason I hate China. Tiananmen Square. 'Nuf said.

But then again, that's just my opinion...

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

PS. I am having the Open Trackback Party over at Rosemary's News and Ideas. Thanks. ;)

Cross-posted @ The Talon and Rosemary's News and Ideas. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.