Publius Forum

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Founders' Daily Quote: 8 Oct 08

"Having now finished the work assigned me, I retire from the great theatre of Action; and bidding an Affectionate farewell to this August body under whose orders I have so long acted, I here offer my commission, and take my leave of all the employments of public life."

--George Washington (Address to Congress on Resigning his Commission, 23 December 1783); Reference: George Washington: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. (273)

One of our greats.

Source: Patriot Post.us.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Cross-posted @ Rosemary's News and Ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.