Publius Forum

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Free Speech: Robert Spencer Life Threatened on College Campus

Note: I sent out an email to many news organizations when I received this article by Atlas Shrugs. It has now shown up at NewsBlaze.com, and the credit should go to her. This is an article about the loss of our free speech due to the jihadis running around loose (my words) that have infilitrated all aspacts of life. I shall give you her URL, so you may comment on her site as well. If you have a nasty comment to offer, I would not recommend you be so foolish. 'Nuf said.

Here is what I wrote in the e-mail and a portion of the article written by Atlas Shrugs.
*********************************************
Good day, everyone. I am writing you in case you are unaware of happenings in the USA to American citizens and our Liberty. I know you are our protectors, so that is why I selected you to share this information with.

There has been a possible death threat against a US citizen who is speaking at a university tonight. I shall let you read this article for yourself. If you would like to speak to the person who wrote this, please e-mail and I will have this person return your reply. Thank you.
Free Speech: Robert Spencer Life Threatened on College Campus.

...Nobody has a clue. Nobody.This is stealth jihad overthrow of our very way of life. No media is covering this and it is the most important story in this nation. Look what has happened to our country, our freedom. Please take this post and send it to everyone you know, any contacts you may have in the media. Please. We need America to see this. Robert doesn't say, but it is obvious death threats have been made.
...
I got off the phone a little while ago with one of the student organizers of my address tonight at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He told me that I would be led to and from the stage via secret passageway; that thirty security personnel would be on hand (in addition to my own); that attendees would have to pass through metal detectors; and that a bomb-sniffing dog would also be on hand.

It is rather amazing to me that all this would be necessary anywhere in America today - and all because I am saying things they don't like. MSA students have been accusing me this week of fostering an atmosphere of hate that leads to innocent Muslims being victimized. This is a preposterous charge to make to anyone who is trying to defend human rights, but it is also a noteworthy case of projection: it is they who are fostering an atmosphere of hate and thuggery, with all their lies, smears, and hysterical rhetoric, which combined with the way they and their allies have behaved at talks by previous speakers they disliked has made all this security necessary. [Continue reading at Atlas Shrugs.]
********************************************
Please read the rest of this article. It is very disturbing, no matter which side of the fence you stand. When it comes to free speech, there should be NO sides except right and wrong. This is WRONG! Very wrong, and we need your help.

It may be Conservatives today, but what about when it turns and targets Liberals? Think about it. Don't you want us there to support your God-given rights? Or do you take for granted we will forget this and show up anyway? I have a little story for you then.

There was a flood one day. Everyone was leaving town, but this one man insisted on staying. He was a devout Christian, and he believed God would save him. As the waters rose to his second story home, a man with a boat came by to help him. He said no thank you. I am waiting on the Lord. The waters continued to rise, and he moved to the roof. A helicopter came to rescue the man, and again he refused. When he got to Heaven, he asked God why He had let him down. God responded, "I sent you a boat and a helicopter. It was YOUR choice not to avail yourself of them."

There is also that other one that I love. When they came for the Jews, I was not Jewish so it didn't bother me. I did not lift a finger to help. Then they came for neighbor who was black. I am not black, so I didn't care. No skin off my nose. Then they came for the Chinese in my neighborhood. I don't eat Chinese food, so I didn't care. Then they came for the Italians. I would miss the spaghetti, but I couldn't be bothered at the time. Finally, they came for me. I looked around to my neighbors when I suddenly realized there was no one left! There was no one left to help me, and it was all because I didn't care enough to help the first time it started.

Yeah. That's all of you who do NOTHING about this. You may be asking yourself, "What do you expect me to do?" I expect you to read the rest of this article. I expect you to write about this if you have a site or a blog. I expect you to talk about this with your family and/or neighbors. I expect you to find out if this is happening in YOUR school district! You may be shocked. That will only show that you have been asleep at the swicth, but it is not too late. All of us have been asleep. I am just asking, begging you to wake up. That's all. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

I would like to thank NewsBlaze.com. If you would like, please visit this article on NewsBlaze.com as well. The more people who go to read it gives it more relevence. Let them know that we do indeed care about free speech and freedom. Thanks.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis

Everyday I have an Open Trackback Linkfest party for all my friends - the ones I know and the ones I will come to know. If you have a post you would like to share, why not trackpost it here? All you have to do is add my Permalink somewhere in your article (usually at the bottom), then trackback to it. You don't have trackbacks available? Why not use Wizbang Stand Alone Trackback? Everyone have a nice day.

Friends I have trackbacked to through Linkfest and others: Atlas Shrugs: Free Speech: Robert Spencer Life Threatened on College Campus, third world county: Mad as hell...", Adam's Blog: Joe the Plumber Scrutinized More Than Obama.

Friends who have shared their posts for your reading pleasure:
2. Leaning Straight Up: Palin on SNL.
3. Right Truth: Prominent Black Leaders Support McCain, but not Colin Powell.

Cross-posted @ Rosemary's News and Ideas. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.